Here in South Carolina, education reform must be front and center.
1. Flexible teaching methods and consistent curriculum,
2. School choice and charter school options, including technical high schools and expansion of apprenticeships,
3. Full integration of technology, which does not just mean giving each child an iPad but realizes that our children today are living in a connected world and they are processing information and learning in ways that we did not. In referring to the students of today, it's been said that "They're native to a digital age, but they're shoehorned into an archaic learning model.",
4. A spirit of collaboration in the classroom, and
5. Development of partnerships with non-profit organizations, business and industry, and the faith community.